What is Yogiños: Yoga for Youth®?
Yogiños: Yoga for Youth® is a research-based, trilingual, trauma-informed mindfulness and yoga program designed to empower all people to awaken and feel, connect to themselves and others, and act to heal with loving kindness and compassion. In sharing our OHMazing® mission—feel, connect, act to heal—we teach and support social justice, inclusion, and equity on and off the yoga mat. As a Registered Children’s Yoga School, we offer the internationally recognized 95-hour RCYT (Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher) credential; workshops for schools and organizations; and classes for children.
We train individuals and entire faculties and organizations to integrate and enact mindfulness—clear seeing of and healthy responses to reality—into their daily lives and community interactions (see Houston Chronicle article here).
We offer scholarships to our trainings and workshops for BIPOC. For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In creating our comprehensive methodology, we source research-based mindfulness practices, social emotional learning, and many yoga and movement modalities, including Patanjali’s 8 limbs of yoga. This multifaceted approach includes practicing poses, breathing, concentration, and ultimately cultivating kind connections to yourself, others and the universe on and off the yoga mat. Our resources include an extensive library of content including a podcast with internationally-renowned experts as guests, bilingual and award-winning educational products, research, and trained facilitators. We are proud to have offered trainings for entire schools and for individuals since 2009.
Engaging Yoga and Mindfulness Programs for Kids and Families:
- Trainings: designed for parents, educators, instructors, therapists, counselors, entire schools and districts, and almost anyone who works with kids in-person, on-line, and in a hybrid approach;
- Schools: research-based and trauma-informed trainings and school-wide implementation programs, in-services, professional development, leadership coaching, and follow-up teacher coaching and programs for schools preK-12;
- Locations: classes and trainings for families and kids of all ages both in the U.S. and internationally, in-person, and on-line both recorded and via live streaming;
- Resources: products (see below) and an online library featuring resources, classes, and activities designed to weave mindfulness and yoga into daily lives of families and classrooms;
- Business Licensee: opportunities and support to establish and expand your own kids yoga program and business;
- OHMazing® Trainer and Leadership Program (contact Beth): leadership opportunities for our RCYTs who wish to lead workshops and trainings thereby bringing more mindfulness and yoga to youth, parents, teachers, schools, and others;
- Products: educational, bilingual, and award-winning products including books, music, posters, activity cards, DVDs, and more!
Yogiños: Yoga for Youth® was founded in 2008 by Elizabeth B. Reese, PhD, E-RYT, RCYT, YACEP, when she realized that integrating yoga and mindfulness into the lives of her children was benefitting not only her family, but also having an empowering ripple effect on her community. Beth found teaching yoga on and off the mat was especially transformative for her oldest daughter who was diagnosed with sensory processing disorder at age 6. Now in college, her daughter still practices Flower Power Breath! Learn the breath here!
We also integrate age-appropriate educational theories and practices, including and not limited to language-learning, multiple intelligences, constructivism, social justice, arts education, and others. We weave together science, the arts, literacy, movement, and educational theories for experiences that are proven to be meaningful, innovative, and beneficial.