What is Yogiños: Yoga for Youth®?
Yogiños: Yoga for Youth® is a research-based, trilingual, mindfulness and yoga program designed to empower people of all ages to make OHMazing® choices for their bodies, minds and hearts on and off the yoga mat. Yogiños: Yoga for Youth® was founded in 2008 by Elizabeth B. Reese, PhD, E-RYT, RCYT, YACEP, when she realized that integrating yoga and mindfulness into the lives of her children was benefitting not only her family, but also having an empowering ripple effect on her community. Beth found teaching yoga on and off the mat was especially transformative for her oldest daughter who was diagnosed with sensory processing disorder at age 6. Now in college, her daughter still practices Flower Power Breath! Learn the breath here!
In creating our comprehensive methodology, we source research-based mindfulness practices, social emotional learning, and many yoga traditions, such as Patanjali’s 8 limbs of yoga. This path includes practicing poses, breathing, concentration, and ultimately cultivating kind connections to yourself, others and the universe on and off the yoga mat. We also integrate several age-appropriate educational theories and practices, including and not limited to language, multiple intelligences, constructivism, social justice, positive psychology, and others. Toward that end, we weave contemporary science, ancient traditions, and educational theories for experiences that are proven to be meaningful, innovative, and beneficial.
Yogiños: Yoga for Youth® programs include:
- Trainings: designed for parents, educators, instructors, therapists, counselors, and almost anyone who works with kids
- Schools: research-informed in-services, professional development, leadership coaching, and follow-up teacher coaching and programs for schools preK-12
- Locations: classes and trainings for families and kids of all ages both in the U.S. and internationally
- Resources: online subscription site featuring resources, classes, and activities designed to weave mindfulness into daily lives of families and classrooms
- Business Licensee: opportunities and support to establish and expand your own kids yoga program and business
- OHMazing® Trainer and Leadership Program (contact Beth): leadership opportunities for our RCYTs who wish to lead workshops and trainings thereby bringing more mindfulness and yoga to youth, parents, teachers and others
- Products: educational, bilingual, and award-winning products including books, music, activity cards, DVDs, and more