Founded by Elizabeth Reese, PhD, E-RYT, RCYT, the Yogiños: Yoga for Youth® Registered Children’s Yoga School weaves theory and practice to provide a strong yet playful foundation with which to bring fitness and wellness of body, mind and heart to youth and families from a variety of abilities and backgrounds. As an official Registered Children’s Yoga School with Yoga Alliance, the trainings you take with us can be applied toward the 95-hour Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher (RCYT) credential. You also can take one weekend module to earn a certificate to become a Kids Yoga Instructor.
We have created 7 distinct trainings that can be taken in any order but one at a time so you can customize your training experiences. Taking 4 of the 7* trainings equals the 95-hours required for RCYT status. We recommend starting with the Foundations Training as some of the content is sequential, but you may start with any of the 7 modules. Please note you must be working toward or already be a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) to receive the official RCYT status. (* Please note that Yoga Alliance does not consider Prenatal as part of the RCYT curriculum.)
- You do not need to already be a yoga teacher, though an existing yoga practice is helpful.
- Trainings are beneficial for parents, educators, yoga and fitness instructors, Occupational and Cognitive Therapsist, and anyone who works with kids and families.
- Yogiños: Yoga for Youth® trainings are approved and recognized by Yoga Alliance.
- Learn how to offer classes or build a business!
- Participants who complete the 20-hour training receive a certificate of hours completed
- These hours are approved as CEUs for Yoga Alliance (or other groups per their approval; some schools accept them as CEUs)
- Alternatively, hours may be used toward your 95-hour Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher credential approved by Yoga Alliance
- Yogiños: Yoga for Youth® instructor status available after submission of follow-up assignments (approx 12-20 hours)
I love YYY! It’s a top notch program led by kind and intelligent professionals. The founder, Beth Reese, always responds efficiently and effectively to any questions and the responses are always in a timely manner, which I appreciate very much. YYY is heavily involved in the community. It’s a business that practices what it teaches. YYY is genuine. There are many kids yoga programs out there, but YYY offers something unique and valuable – a spirit of synergy and integration that makes this program one of the best on the market. After working with any YYY trainings, you truly feel not only that you have gained invaluable insight and education from the training, but that you yourself have grown the program with your own insights. YYY is a program steeped in community. When you leave a training feeling like you not only gained something, but you contributed something, that’s a program that is blazing the trail in expanding the consciousness of our world and empowering individuals to be the best version of themselves and to offer that version of ourselves in service to others. It’s an honor to now call myself an RCYT trained by YYY. ~Athea Davis, RYT, RCYT