- Creativity Lab
April 2, 2022 - April 3, 2022
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Introduction to the theories and practices associated with teaching yoga to youth in formal and informal educational settings including schools, libraries, parks, museums and festivals;
- Discuss and explore the intersections and research of mindfulness, yoga, the creative arts, problem solving and related neuroscience, and inclusion, equity, and diversity;
- Use the creative arts—including visionary and fine art, crafts, music, performance, dance, and more—as catalysts for designing and implementing yoga classes;
- Explore how the creative arts can serve as a component of or as the theme for yoga on-and-off-the-mat experiences;
- Weekend of transformational, interdisciplinary activities with live musicians and original works of art with your friends, colleagues, and Yogiños Leaders;
- Tips and techniques for starting your own yoga for youth program in museums, festivals and related spaces;
- Wholesale discounts on our t-shirts, music CDs, posters, books, and stamps before and during the weekend session;
- eCommunication and OHMinar sessions with Elizabeth B. Reese, Ph.D., RYT, RCYT, and Yogiños Leaders
- FREE eManuals, lesson plan formats, poses, and other resources to help you get started!
As a result of this program, we believe participants will be able to:
- Conceive, design and teach an OHMazing® theme-based, interdisciplinary Yogiños: Yoga for Youth® kids yoga class integrating mindfulness, yoga, and the creative arts
- Construct and teach kids yoga classes that include creative and expressive arts
- Create and teach activities to center, relax or rejuvenate learners in a various environments
- Practice and teach all 8 Limbs of Yoga, including poses (asana) and breathing (pranayama)
- Understand and use age-appropriate and safe forms of yoga, including games and related activities, to engage kids physically, emotionally, and mentally;
- Modify lessons for various audiences and age groups;
- Modify lessons for various audiences designed for less formal learning (ie, museums and festivals) environments;
- Learn, practice and weave multiple languages and intelligences into your yoga for kids class;
- Use yoga for kids as a means to teach tools and techniques to empower audiences to respond mindfully rather than react irrationally.
We accept cancellations with reimbursement when requested more than 2 weeks before a training. When the request is within two weeks of the training, the funds may be used for a future training.
Leadership, Foundations, and Yoga in Schools will be in-person at venues listed above and live streaming. Others are TBA.