Yogiños: Yoga for Youth® Adult Training
COMING SOON: Webinar Workshops!
Also debuting in June 2014: Module 5: Yoga for Tweens and Teens!
Yogiños: Yoga for Youth® is an official Registered Children's Yoga School with Yoga Alliance. The trainings you take with us (including past trainings) can be applied toward the 95 hour Registered Children's Yoga Teacher (RCYT) credential. We have created 5 training modules that can be taken in any order but one at a time that together equal the 95 hours for RCYT status. We recommend starting with Module 1, but it is not required. Please note you must be working toward or already are a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) to receive the official RCYT status.
Module 5: Yoga for Tweens and Teens
In-Services & Retreats for Educators: Mindful & OHMazing® Strategies for Students and Teachers (MOSST)
Please scroll down for more information on each.
Upcoming Trainings 2014: Please scroll down to view schedule, listed by date, and continue down to register via PayPal**.
2014 winter-summer schedule:
Austin Kula Yoga
March 28-30, 2014
Jennyoga Yoga at Springstreet
May 2-4, 2014
Jennyoga Yoga at Springstreet
June 20-22, 2014
Modue 5 DEBUT!
FALL 2014 TBA!
~ $345 full-time preK - 12 teachers and college students
~ $395; $345 early-bird (when paid in full 1 month prior)
~ $295 OHMazing® Members (who join on or after January 1, 2014)
~ $100 deposit due 3 weeks prior to start to reserve your space.
With the Earth always on our minds, training materials will be sent to you for download in the week prior to the training. Tuition must be paid in full to receive the training materials.
* Most trainings occur Friday, 5:30pm-9:30pm; Saturday & Sunday 9am-6pm
** We understand plans change. Please note that $100 deposits are non-refundable yet can be transferred to another training. Cancellations must be made 4 weeks prior to start date of registered Module to receive a refund (minus deposit).
WHEN YOU REGISTER, PLEASE ADVISE WHICH MODULE.
- Introduction to the theories and practices that serve as our foundation of teaching yoga to families and youth of all ages in a variety of settings;
- Weekend of transformational demonstrations, discussions and activities with your friends, colleagues, and Yogiños Leaders;
- Interactive experiences facilitating and demonstrating team-building, cooperation, antibullying and tolerance;
- Information and opportunities about starting your own kids yoga business;
- Yogiños: Yoga for Youth® Curriculum eManual with educational and yoga philosophies, trilingual charts, class ideas, basic pose lists, instructions and information designed specifically for youth of all abilities and needs;
- A to Z Bilingual eBook of Poses;
- Wholesale discounts on our t-shirts, music CDs, posters, books, and stamps before and during the weekend session;
- eCommunication and OHMinar sessions with Elizabeth B. Reese, Ph.D., RYT, RCYT, and Yogiños Leaders
As a result of this program, we believe participants will be able to:
- Conceive, design and teach an OHMazing® theme-based Yogiños: Yoga for Youth® kids yoga class
- Practice and teach all 8 Limbs of Yoga, including poses (asana) and breathing (pranayama)
- Understand and use age-appropriate and safe forms of yoga, including games and related activities, to engage kids physically, emotionally, and mentally
- Modify lessons for various audiences and age groups
- Learn, practice and weave multiple languages and intelligences into your yoga for kids class
- Use yoga for kids as a means to teach tools and technqiues to empower audiences to respond mindfully rather than react irrationally
Module 2: Teaching Yoga to Children with Special Needs:
Discover the many ways that yoga can promote the healthy development of children, ages 4-12. Find out how the practice of yoga parallels and supports other therapeutic modalities in addressing difficulties with attention, self-regulation, speech and language, learning, and high and low muscle tone. This experiential workshop will provide a strong foundation to teaching yoga to children with the following special needs:
- Those who are easily over-stimulated
- Those who are potentially impulsive and/or distractible
- Those who exhibit poor social skills and boundaries
- Those who are learning disabled/with an emphasis on speech and language based learning disabilities
- Those who are potentially oppositional and/or disruptive
- Those who present with high or low muscle tone
The primary focus of this training will be upon working with groups of higher functioning children with special needs, who are essentially physically able. This training will not address working with severely physically, developmentally, cognitively, or emotionally challenged children. Basic information will be provided throughout the training to assist participants in understanding the needs and challenges of the population outlined above. Professional therapists may benefit from this training by learning creative, developmentally appropriate, fun ways of engaging and supporting children with special needs in the practice of yoga. This program is appropriate for Yoga teachers and parents, teachers and therapists with a personal yoga practice who are interested in incorporating yoga into their work with children.
This program is appropriate for Yoga teachers and parents, teachers and therapists with a personal yoga practice who are interested in sharing yoga with children.