- This event has passed.
Yogiños for Youth with Special Needs & Different Abilities – Nov 4-5
November 4, 2017 @ 8:00 am - November 5, 2017 @ 6:00 pm$378.00 – $450.00
*The Early Bird option is available up to 4 weeks in advance of the training date.
Date and Location:
803 Marshall St.
Houston, TX 77006
November 4-5, 2017
Saturday-Sunday: 8am – 6pm
- Full Payment
- $395 Early Bird (up to 4 weeks in advance of session date)
- $432 K-12 Teachers
- $450 regular investment
- $378 for OHMazing(R) Business Affiliate Members
Training Workshop Information:
Yogiños for Youth with Special Needs & Different Abilities
Your leaders include Eve Margol, M.Ed. in Special Education, who has over 18 years of personal and professional experience and training in this area.
- Introduction to the theories and practices associated with teaching yoga to youth with special needs
- Discuss characteristics of and practice yoga-based tools to assist the most common forms of special needs including physical, developmental, sensory-processing, cognitive and socio-emotional needs
- Discuss characteristics of and practice yoga-based tools to assist youth who manage trama-based challenges including various forms of abuse, neglect and kids in foster-homes
- Yoga and mindfulness tools and techniques to empower kids with special needs to increase focus, stress and anxiety management, problem-solving and decision making, social interactions, and self-esteem
- Yoga and mindfulness tools adapted to promote self-regulation in any environment including with youth working in classroom spaces
Strategies for integrating youth with special needs who are included in regular classrooms
- Tips and techniques for starting your own yoga for youth program in schools and adapting these skills into an existing OT/therapy practice;
- Yogiños: Yoga for Youth® Curriculum eManual; Yoga for Youth with Special Needs eManual; Yogiños: Yoga for Youth® Trilingual A-Z Pose Guide; support to complete your Yogiños: Yoga for Youth® certification
- Modules may be taken in any order
- You may also take the EVERY KIDS YOGA training to count toward your YYY 95-hours.
As a result of this program, we believe participants will be able to:
- Conceive, design and teach an OHMazing® theme-based Yogiños: Yoga for Youth® kids yoga class for youth with special needs
- Practice and teach all 8 Limbs of Yoga, including poses (asana) and breathing (pranayama) for youth with special needs
- Understand and use age-appropriate and safe forms of yoga, including games and related activities, to engage youth with special needs physically, emotionally, and mentally
- Modify yoga practices especially for youth with special needs in a varety of contexts
- Learn, practice and weave multiple intelligences into your yoga for kids class
- Use yoga for kids as a means to teach tools and technqiues to empower audiences to respond mindfully rather than react irrationally
- November 4, 2017 @ 8:00 am
- November 5, 2017 @ 6:00 pm
- $378.00 – $450.00
- Beth Reese
- In-Powered Institute
803 Marshall St
Houston, TX 77006 United States + Google Map